How To Make $1,000 Quick: 9+ Fast Ways To Earn Money When You Need It
Are there really ways to make $1,000 quick? Yes.
There are plenty of fast ways to make extra money to accomplish your financial goals. Those quick money goals might be making an extra payment against a student loan, starting an emergency fund or saving up to fund the trip your friend’s wedding next spring.
Or perhaps you overspent last month and your next round of bills is going to be tight.
We all know that feeling.
Some of the ways to make $1,000 quick might take your skills and experience. Others might just need some hustle and a time commitment.
Taking out a loan or using your credit card to cover an immediate medical, housing, life or financial emergency is a different subject.
This is about how to make $1,000 quick with 9+ fast ways to earn money through readily available options. These are the opportunities that most of us can take advantage of when we need to earn a little extra or want to save a bit more.
1. Freelance Your Skills To Make More Money Quick
The first place to start is by using the skills and experiences you already possess. Whether this is the type of work you do in your traditional line of work or the hobbies you enjoy.
You don’t need to be an expert.
You just need to be able to provide value to someone looking for support. They might not have the skills and experiences you do. Or you might be better at them at it. Or perhaps they just don’t have the time or desire to accomplish whatever work needs to be done and would rather pay.
From photography, copywriting and web coding to accounting, plumbing and marketing, or one of 500 other things, you can make extra cash with your skills.
Thankfully, in this digital age there are numerous websites to connect you with willing people looking to pay you.
Three of the most popular freelancing platforms are:
- Upwork: Upwork is a global freelancing platform ripe with opportunities to help you make $1,000 quick. Check out their full category listings for all the freelancing opportunities available.
- Freelancer: Freelancer is a similar platform to Upwork that matches businesses or individuals with freelancers looking to earn money by providing their services. Their categories of work run consistent to Upwork.
- Fiverr: Fiverr is the largest of the 3 freelancing platforms and also has the widest range in pay scale and work.
With each of these platforms, you make a profile, apply for work or post your availability and then get matched with someone seeking the work. The platform makes money by taking a percentage of the payment.
2. Sell Your Clutter To Make Quick Cash
This is a tactic to generate cash flow that I mention often on the blog.
Because it works and most of us have accumulated a lot of “stuff” over the years. From birthday and holidays, purchasing on our own wants or needs and a tendency to hold onto items, most of us seem to fill up our nests.
I’ve mentioned the success I had by selling off my excess clutter as part of my student loan repayment plan and as 1 of the 5 easy personal finance wins I had when I was first turning my financial ship on course.
I was able to make $1,820 in about 45 minutes of work. I searched out unnecessary items in my storage closets and around my place, took a few photos and posted on eBay with descriptions.
These were items I didn’t need and were adding no value to my life.
There are a collection of sites to help you make $1,000 quick by selling your clutter:
- eBay: eBay makes selling your items quick and easy. The number of users searching across the site for every type of product imagine makes eBay a great opportunity.
- Amazon: Amazon has used goods available across most of their product categories that are being sold by users just like you.
- Craigslist: Craigslist is yet another option to sell your clutter to make extra cash.
One more consideration if you have electronics, gaming consoles, DVDs or other tech, is Decluttr.
Decluttr connects you with potential buyers all over the Internet and help you turn those excess items to quick cash.
3. Earn Extra Cash With Micro-Transactions Through Paid Surveys
These options aren’t going to make $1,000 quick on their own. However, every little bit counts.
These websites provide you cash for completing tasks such as taking surveys or watching videos. If there isn’t anything more productive you can do during your free time, use these sites below to generate a extra money.
Some of these websites include a free sign-up bonus to help expedite your cash flow:
- Swagbucks – $5 Free Bonus: Swagbucks is one of the most popular digital rewards platforms. You can generate PayPal cash by answering surveys, playing videos or any of 7+ more ways to earn rewards. Plus you get a free $5 bonus when you sign up. Check out my full review on Swagbucks here.
- InboxDollars – $5 Free Bonus: Inbox Dollars is an American site that offers free cash rewards for watching TV, taking surveys, or making purchases online. Best of all InboxDollars offers a free $5 welcome bonus offer once you register.
- PineCone Research – $3 Per Survey: PineCone Research is one of the most popular and rewarding survey websites that provides their users with $3 per survey completed. After you’re ready to cash out, your money will be sent directly via cash or to your PayPal account.
- SurveyJunkie – High Volume of Surveys: Survey Junkie is another one of the most popular and highest rated free survey websites. When you’re ready to cash out, you can get paid via PayPal or gift cards.
- Daily Rewards (Canada) – $5 Free Bonus: DailyRewards is the Canadian counterpart to Inbox Dollars mentioned above. You’ll be rewarded for watching TV, taking surveys, or making purchases online. They offer a free $5 welcome bonus offer for signing up and your pay outs are made via cash or gift card.
Want to explore more opportunities to make quick cash by sharing your opinion? Check out 19+ of the best paid survey sites.
4. Drive With Uber & Lyft To Make Money
This one is straightforward and I’m sure you know someone in your life who has done this. Or you’ve seen their pre-roll ads, web ads and commercials all over.
A co-worker of mine uses the “Driver Destination” setting on his way to and from work each day. That setting only generates him trips that fall within the general route of his destination – the office or home. These time slots also generally fall within “surge pricing” windows. Surge pricing generates him 1.5x – 2.0x the standard fare.
He makes $300-$500 extra a month with minimal effort outside his normal daily commute.
Lyft is always offering sign up bonuses and currently have a $300+ bonus after you’ve cross their minimum rides threshold.
If you’ve got a vehicle that meets their requirements, some free time and willingness, there is money to be made.
5. Walk & Watch Dogs For Cash
This is another way to help you make $1,000 quickly in your spare time around the neighbourhood. It’s also another side hustle I’ve used in my own life to generate some additional cash flow.
Last year, on the evenings after work I’d try to get 2 walks in and then on weekends I’d try to do more walks and drop-ins.
If you’re a fan of dogs, why not make some money walking or dog sitting them?
There are two popular platforms that allow you to make money hanging with canines.
- Rover: Rover opens up 5 different services you can deliver to dog owners: dog boarding, house sitting, dog walking, doggy day care and drop-in visits. You can set your own schedule and easily earn a couple hundred bucks over two weekends to help your $1,000 goal.
- Wag!: Wag! is a similar service to Rover. They have a application process that will require some review before becoming a certified dog walker. Once you’re in, you could earn up to $25 per hour.
With some free time and passion or patience for dogs, you’ve got another option to make $1,000 quickly.
6. Make Money From Temporary Work & “Hustle” Jobs
Some of these options to help make $1,000 quick likely requires time and hustle as opposed to the skills like we talked about earlier with freelancing.
Have you ever checked the Craigslist Gigs section in your local listings?
It’s littered with money making opportunities.
Now some of jobs will be a bit eye-opening but you can breeze past those (or pursue if you’re the “modelling” type).
However, there are countless jobs in the Gigs listings on Craigslist:
- Brand Ambassadors
- General Laborers
- Movie Set Extras
The list goes on and on.
Craigslist can be a resource to help you collect that $1,000 quickly.
In University, a group of us used to help with moving companies, general labour jobs or whatever else could come our way on the weekends. Now these dollars weren’t invested for our future or our education, but it was still proof there are always ways to make quick money.
7. Showcase Your Creativity For Cash
If you have a creative side and knack for working with your hands (making physical or digital goods), there are ways for you to monetize that.
The time commitment upfront might nix the quick element of making $1,000 if you’re hand-making some amazing DIY crafts. However, digital products are also another creative outlet that can be sold to the masses.
Three platforms that are helping others making money through their creativity are:
- Etsy: Etsy is the most popular platform for flexing your creative muscles. From crafts like decor and clothes to digital goods like calendars and other printables, the categories open endless money making opportunities.
- Teespring: Teespring is a print-on-demand service so there’s no overhead or physical goods needed to start your clothing empire.
- CafePress: CafePress is like a combination of Etsy and Teespring. You can sell anything from artwork to clothing.
One note on apparel…
Some of the most successful Teespring campaigns are when something “viral” happens in the world and a creative person capitalizes by offering a shirt connected to that immediately. Whether it’s politics, sports, pop culture or a meme, people have made small fortunes by being the first to market.
If you’re witty, quick and socially savvy to promote it, the sky’s the limit.
8. Use The Gig Economy To Hustle Extra Money
If the goal is to make $1,000 quick sometimes all it takes is a little extra hustle by foot or bike. Millions of people are relying on the hustle of workers in the gig economy to complete tasks on their behalf or help them out.
What’s a frequent task some people will pay to have done? Food delivery.
There are a number of platforms that will you good money, especially if you focus on peak lunch and dinner time.
Three of the most popular food delivery gig hustle platforms are:
- DoorDash: DoorDash is a food delivery service that has partnered with local restaurants in over 300 cities across the U.S. You can start earning right away and begin your quest to make $1,000 quick.
- Postmates: Postmates is an on-demand delivery platform that is free to join, takes no fees or commissions and gives you the flexibility to earn when it fits your schedule. Pick-up takeout food, catering, small meals, beverages and so on from restaurants in your neighborhood and deliver to paying customers.
- Foodora: Foodora is another bike delivery service for food available to Canadians and most Europeans. It’s yet another way to help you make $1,000 quick.
The number of gig economy money making opportunities continues to grow. If there’s something people don’t enjoy doing, chances are you can get paid to do it.
9. Create Savings With The Money You Already Have
The final way to help make $1,000 quick is by better managing the money you have or are already spending.
When I first started to take control of my money and life, I did a spending audit to see where the heck all the money I had was going. I used Mint, an amazing budgeting and tracking platform available via web and app, to go through my spending habits.
Right off the bat I was able to identify $200 of monthly savings:
- Better Grocery Planning: $90 monthly savings
- Reduced Cable Subscription Package: $40 monthly savings
- Refinanced Student Loans: $30 monthly savings
- No Weekday Beers Policy: $30 monthly savings
- Negotiated Cell Phone: $10 monthly savings
Within another 3 months I was able to better double that to over $400 in monthly savings (or close to $5,000 a year).
Depending where you’re at on your financial journey, you might be able to do the same.
Apps & Services To Help You Save
There are a variety of apps and services to help cut costs on items you’re already spending on in your everyday lives.
Whether it’s with your groceries or online shopping, there’s an app to cut your costs.
Here are just a few examples that are free to use.
- Checkout 51: save on everyday grocery and household purchases with digital coupons.
- Ebates: earn free cash back on your online shopping (Americans get $10 for free with this link | Canadians get $5 for free with this link). Check out this full review of Ebates to learn more about how it can make and save you money.
- Paribus: a free tool to check whether the price of any items you’ve purchased have dropped and if those stores owe you now.
- Trim: helps you save money on your subscriptions, bills and recurring expenses. It’s like an automated savings assistant.
- Credit Sesame: free service for Americans to monitor their credit score and save thousands in interest across your life.
- Borrowell: free service for Canadians to monitor their credit score and save thousands in interest across your life.
There are more apps and services hitting the market every month aimed to help people like you and I save money.
In Closing…How To Make $1,000 Quick
It’s safe to say there is no get rich fast scheme to make $1,000 quick. No matter what avenue you choose to pursue it’s going to take your skills, experience and some hustle.
The easiest win I had was selling all the excess “stuff” I’d collected over the years on eBay. Otherwise, the biggest money momentum I made was when I started to freelance my services via Upwork.
No two situations are the same, so what worked for one might not work for you. Your own specific living situation, finances, location and skills or experiences will dictate what best fits for you.
However, If you’re looking to make $1,000 (or hopefully more), you can do it.
Whether you want to boost your savings, start investing for retirement, pay off debt or cover the expense of an upcoming purchase, there are countless way to make $1,000 quick.
These examples above are only a handful of the opportunities out there.
What have you done to earn extra money when you needed it? Have you tried any of the above?
Let me know in the comments below.
Here are some other posts to help you take control of your money and life.
- 15 Smart Money Moves You Can (Easily) Make This Month
- 35+ Rewarding Side Hustles Anyone Can Do To Earn More Money
- Best Personal Finance Podcasts – 30+ Money, Investing And Side Hustle Shows
- Building Good Money Habits – Make Your Own Money Momentum
- The Personal Finance Resources And Content That Saved My Life
- Waking Up At 5AM Changed My Life – Win The Morning, Win The Day
Join 50,000+ Monthly Readers
Want to start making momentum with your money and life?
Subscribe to our email list to receive latest our content and we will send you this FREE Personal Finance Resource Starter Kit.
The kit includes a collection of resources to help you start to take control of your personal finances.